Hey Year 6! We hope you and your family are well. We miss you all so much! Keep smiling 😊 and learning from this updated webpage. The most important thing is that you are happy and healthy during this unusual time. Stay safe! We cannot wait to see you all soon!
Example timetable 📆
Here is an example timetable that our Year 6 children who are in school will be following. Feel free to follow this at home
Religious Education and Prayer Life
Father Kelly, from St Francis of Assisi Church, is praying for you all every day, along with our very own Father Joseph. Father Kelly would love to share your prayers with the parish. If you would like to write a prayer and send it to us, we can forward this on to Father Kelly and he will share some of your prayers during Mass, which you can then watch on the link below.
-9.00 am Eucharistic Adoration (in silence)
-9.30 am Daily Mass (including Sunday)
-8.00 pm Rosary with Eucharistic Adoration, concluding with Night Prayer at 8.45 pm
What will the boys and girls in Year 6 learn in English?
The Oak National Academy are adding amazing English home learning acitivites each day with a video explaining every step and an activity for the children to complete. Follow the link below to take a look at the Year 6 learning for this week!
What will the boys and girls in Year 6 learn in Maths?
White Rose Maths are adding amazing Maths home learning acitivites each day with a video explaining every step and an activity for the children to complete. Follow the link below to take a look at the Year 6 learning for this week!
Below are some activities to work on at home to prepare for the Sacrament of Confirmation.
Home Learning Projects 📖
Each week will focus on a different topic for your learning project. Simply click on the links below and see what great acitivies you can do thoughout the week for all subjects. Happy learning!
Daily Live Lessons
Thoughout the final Half Term of Year 6, here are some transition activies to get you ready for your journey to Seconday School. Aim to do two sessions a week
PSHE - Healthy Mind, Healthy Me activities 🧠
Simmering skills - What basic skills activities should I be doing every day?
Here are some quick ideas that you can you daily...
- Reading - spend SOME of your reading time reading aloud to someone (even a baby brother or sister, pet or toy!)
- Spelling - open the spelling overview in the English section of this page, find a spelling focus and explore what words you can make with the focus group of letters you choose, E.g., if you choose to focus on homophones, you could draw a poster with pictures to remember the different spellings and meaning. For example, aloud and allowed, affected and effected. You could even put mis-spellings on a cross them out - this can help you know what it should and should NOT look like, which can help your spelling memory.
- Times tables - Rock Stars DOES rule , but you can practise writing multiplication and division facts on paper too.
Other ideas may include...
Grammar, punctuation, spelling
Using your login, weekly uploads will be added with new work.
- Reading a book of your choice daily. Summarise what has happened after each chapter.
- Complete your '10-minute Reading book' each day. The answers are at the back for family members to mark.
You should aim to work on level 4, 5 and 6 activities.